Lemon coconut energy balls
These little balls of sunshine are chalk full of super foods and have a tart lemony flavour. They aren’t baked, can be mixed up fast and taken on the trail with you as they won’t melt. The refreshing flavour is a little summer party in your mouth.
Borrowed from: The Glowing Fridge
Prep Time / Cook Time
10 Min/20 Min
Food processor, bowl
• 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
• 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon maca powder
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
• pinch sea salt
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 1 tablespoon lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• extra coconut for rolling balls in
1. In a food processor, blend all the dry ingredients until well combined and oats are chopped up.
2. Add in the wet ingredients and pulse until it forms into a sticky dough.
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and form/roll into 12 balls. You have to work the mixture and flatten it out in your hand a few times before trying to roll it but the mixture it sticky and holds well after flattening it out a few times!
4. Roll in extra coconut for some extra flavour.
5. Pop in a hard container or Ziplock and store in the fridge until ready to be devoured. These are perfect for an afternoon out on the slopes as they can fit in your pocket for a mid-trail treat and won't melt.